PVE WotLK Holy Priest Healer Guide (Short)
Wrath Priest Guide
Welcome to our PVE Holy Priest guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Priest class as Holy. If you follow this build you should be topping the healing charts in no time!
The beauty of a holy priest is their ability to adapt. You can completely change your rotation when the situation demands it. You have access to HoT’s, Single target DPS and AoE spells.
This is the common holy priest spec and it works well with just about any gear setup.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Superior Spellpower
- Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots: Icewalker
- Two-Handed Weapon: Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-Handed Weapon: Mighty Spellpower
- Spell Power
- Spirit (until you aren’t going oom during fights)
- Critical Strike
Normal healing rotation
Binding Heal costs a lot of mana, so use it wisely.
Tank healing rotation
When the tank is taking a lot of damage
Don’t forget about Guardian Spirit if things get really scary.
Healing when you are Out of Mana
OOM Situations should be avoided as much as possible. As you become more experienced they won’t happen as often. If you are OOM use this rotation:
If you have the talent, Lightwell works great in these situations.