PVE TBC Holy Paladin Healing Guide (Short)
TBC Paladin Guide
Welcome to our PVE Holy Paladin healing guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play a Holy Paladin in dungeons and raids. This guide covers everything from talents to consumables.
This is the primary build for healing as a Holy Paladin in TBC. There isn’t much room for changes as most of these talents are required and don’t have any other decent options.
The only thing you could change would be dropping Improved Blessing of Might if another paladin has it in your raid group. You could then use the points to pick up Unyielding Faith, Toughness, Pure of Heart or Purifying Power.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Teardrop Crimson Spinel or Teardrop Living Ruby
- Blue: Royal Shadowsong Amethyst or Royal Nightseye
- Yellow: Luminous Pyrestone, Luminous Noble Topaz or Dazzling Seaspray Emerald, Dazzling Talasite
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Faith or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Major Armor
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Restore Mana Prime
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Superior Healing or Enchant Bracer – Restore Mana Prime
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs: Golden Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed or Enchant Boots – Vitality
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Major Healing
- Shield: Enchant Shield – Intellect or Enchant Shield – Major Stamina
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Healing Power on both rings.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Mad Alchemist’s Potion
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power, Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration, Flask of Chromatic Wonder or Flask of Distilled Wisdom
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks
- Weapon: Superior Wizard Oil, Superior Mana Oil
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
- Alchemy – Very good option because of Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone. You can also craft your own consumables which is a nice quality of life upgrade.
- Enchanting – Enchanting both of your rings with Enchant Ring – Healing Power which will give you an extra 40 bonus healing.
- Engineering – Engineering allows you to craft Justicebringer 2000 Specs, which are on many BiS lists for holy paladins.
- Jewelcrafting – Starting out you will get Figurine – Talasite Owl which is a great starter trinket. Later on, you can craft gems such as Kailee’s Rose which will give you a small boost.
- Leatherworking – You can increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle.
- Spell Healing
- MP5 & Spell Crit
- Spell Haste
Your primary healing spell is Flash of Light. You can save mana by downranking to rank 6.
In a perfect world, you would keep the Light’s Grace effect up most of the time by casting Rank 4 or Rank 5 Holy Light. This will allow you to use Rank 11 in tough situations. Holy Shock should only be used in emergency situations.
Auras are buffs that apply to your group. Keep in mind that these are not raid wide. Your tank group will require Devotion Aura or one of the many Resistance Auras. Any caster group will benefit from Concentration Aura.
Paladins are expected to buff their dungeon group and/or raid with blessings. Blessings are very strong buffs but each class requires a different blessing.
Below is a list of Blessings for each spec.
- Druid (Feral): Kings, Might
- Paladin (Prot): Kings, Sanctuary, Light
- Warrior (Prot): Kings, Light, Might
- Druid (Resto): Wisdom or Kings
- Paladin (Holy): Wisdom, Kings
- Priest (Holy): Wisdom, Kings
- Shaman (Resto): Wisdom, Kings
- Druid (Feral): Kings, Might
- Druid (Moonkin): Wisdom, King
- Hunters (MM / BM): Might, Kings
- Hunter (Survival): King, Might
- Mages: Kings or Wisdom
- Paladin (Retribution): Might, Kings
- Priest (Shadow): Wisdom, Kings
- Rogues: Might, Kings
- Shaman (Elemental): Wisdom, Kings
- Shaman (Enhancement): Might, Kings
- Warrior (Arms / Fury): Might, Kings
- Warlocks: Salvation, Kings, Wisdom
Divine Intervention allows you to sacrifice yourself and save another player. This will allow the player you target to survive after the encounter is over and revive the entire raid.
Make sure you choose someone who is out of the bosses range after he resets or they will get aggro and die as soon as they remove the bubble. You also want to make sure this person can res.. because that would be unfortunate.