PVE TBC Balance Druid DPS Guide (Short)
TBC Druid Guide
Welcome to our PVE Balance Druid guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Druid class as Balance.
Balance Druids start off with mana issues but after getting some gear they are capable of very high DPS. Balance Druids bring a ton of utility to any raid. If you need the threat reduction you can go with 5/5 Subtlety. If threat isn’t an issue then you can increase your raid utility with Improved Faerie Fire and mana efficiency with 3/3 Moonglow.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
- Red: Runed Crimson Spinel or Potent Pyrestone
- Blue: Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst
- Yellow: Veiled Pyrestone or Potent Pyrestone
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of Power
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Orb or Greater Inscription of Discipline
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Spell Penetration
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Spellpower
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Spellpower or Enchant Gloves – Blasting
- Legs: Runic Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Vitality or Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Major Spellpower
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Spellpower on both rings.
- Hit (16% cap, 4% from Balance of Power)
- Spell Power
- Spell Haste
- Spell Crit
- Cast Insect Swarm
- Cast Moonfire
- Spam Starfire
- Casting Wrath will increase your DPS but it may also leave you out of mana.
Moonkins bring both solid DPS and lots of raid utility. Here is a list of utility they bring.
- Faerie Fire or Improved Faerie Fire
- Insect Swarm
- Moonkin Aura
- Mark of the Wild and Thorns
- Enchanting – Allows you to cast Enchant Ring – Spellpower on each ring for 24 extra spell power.
- Leatherworking – Allows you to craft gear such as the pre-raid Windhawk Armor set. You can also further increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle.
- Alchemy – Sorcerer’s Alchemist Stone is worth considering. Considering the mana issues Balance Druids have being able to make your own consumables is a good idea.