PVE TBC Holy Priest Healing Guide (Short)
TBC Priest Guide
Welcome to our PVE Holy Priest healing guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play a Holy Priest in dungeons and raids. This guide covers everything from talents to consumables.
This is a pretty good overall build for a holy priest in Burning Crusade. Improved Divine Spirit is a great single-target healing ability and makes for a great build. You could trade out Martyrdom for either Silent Resolve or Absolution because these are basically just filler talents.
Another build option besides the Improved Divine Spirit build is a Circle of Healing build. This is more for group healing of higher tier content where you will already have an IDS priest in the raid group.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Purified Shadowsong Amethyst or Purified Shadow Pearl
- Blue: Purified Shadowsong Amethyst, Purified Shadow Pearl or Sparkling Empyrean Sapphire, Sparkling Star of Elune
- Yellow: Luminous Pyrestone, Luminous Noble Topaz or Dazzling Seaspray Emerald, Dazzling Talasite
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Faith or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Major Armor or any resist enchant
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Major Spirit
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Superior Healing
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs: Golden Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed or Enchant Boots – Vitality
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Major Healing
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Healing Power on both rings.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power, Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks
- Weapon: Superior Wizard Oil, Superior Mana Oil, Brilliant Mana Oil
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
- Tailoring – This is great because you can craft the Primal Mooncloth set. This set is great up until T5 raids.
- Alchemy – Very good option because of Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone. You can also craft your own consumables which is a nice quality of life upgrade.
- Enchanting – Enchanting both of your rings with Enchant Ring – Healing Power which will give you an extra 40 bonus healing.
- Engineering – Engineering allows you to craft Justicebringer 2000 Specs, which are on many BiS lists for holy paladins.
- Jewelcrafting – Starting out you will get Figurine – Talasite Owl which is a great starter trinket. Later on, you can craft gems such as Kailee’s Rose which will give you a small boost.
- Leatherworking – You can increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle.
- Intellect and Spirit
- Stamina – enough to survive encounters
- Bonus healing
- Critical strike rating
- Haste rating
Improved Divine Spirit Build
Your main healing ability is Greater Heal rank 2-7 depending on the amount of healing required. Use lower ranks to help your mana pool last longer. This combined with Renew and Power Word: Shield are your most commonly used spells.
Heal can be used for medium health single-target healing.
Flash Heal is very inefficient and should only be used in very dire situations. This will wreck your mana pool if you try to use it as your main healing ability.
Circle of Healing build
Like this build’s name, it’s main ability is the Circle of Healing spell. Your AOE spells, such as, Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending and Binding Heal are also very important to this build. Renew and Power Word: Shield are your core single target spells which can be useful depending on the encounter or situation.
Shadowfiend should be used once you drop below 60% mana. This is your main mana regeneration ability.