PVE WotLK Elemental Shaman DPS Guide (Short)
Wrath Shaman Guide
Welcome to our PVE Elemental Shaman guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Shaman class as Elemental. If you follow this build you should be at the top of the DPS chart in no time!
This is the core dps Elemental Shaman build. I’ll list some options/points below.
- Improved Ghost Wolf can be taken in the Enhancement tree if you have trouble avoiding damage.
- Convection can be taken if you keep running out of mana.
- Elemental Warding is useful if you take damage often.
- Improved Fire Nova works best with BiS gear and improves your damage output.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Glowing Dreadstone
- Yellow: Potent Ametrine
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Superior Spellpower
- Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Sapphire Spellthread
- Boots: Icewalker
- One-Handed Weapon: Mighty Spellpower or Black Magic
- Shield: Greater Intellect
- Hit (17%)
- Spell Power
- Critical Strike
Like other casters shamans also require 17% hit, to always hit bosses. You can take the Elemental Precision talent which gives 3% hit rating. This will lower your hit rating requirement to 14%.
Spell power is your primary stat as increasing it gives you the biggest DPS boost. Don’t ignore hit cap for spell power, there is no point in having hard hitting spells that never hit.
Haste is our second strongest offensive stat. Only after you get extremely high amounts of haste does critical strike start comparing. You should gear for haste and let your critical strike increase as your gear gets better.
Everything else will be used when it comes off Cooldown.
Also, if there are multiple mobs then you can use Chain Lightning to increase your DPS.
Also, don’t forget to place your totems before the fight.