WotLK PVE Blood Death Knight Tank Guide (Quick)
Wrath Death Knight Guide
Welcome to our Blood Death Knight Tank guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Death Knight class as a Blood Tank.
This is the popular Blood DK Tank build. If you do not plan to use a 2-hander, you can drop Two-Handed Weapon Specialization for Mark of Blood, or Bloody Vengeance, or Bloodworms. We also go into the Frost tree to unlock two really nice raid buffs, Improved Icy Touch and Improved Icy Talons
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear. Personally I had to gem for hit cap until getting better gear.
- Meta: Austere Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Nightmare Tear or Regal Dreadstone
- Blue: Solid Majestic Zircon
- Yellow: Solid Majestic Zircon
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Gladiator
- Back: Mighty Armor or Titanweave
- Chest: Super Health
- Bracers: Major Stamina
- Gloves: Armsman
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Frosthide Leg Armor
- Boots: Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Weapon: Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle
- Hit (8%)
- Expertise (26)
- Defence (540 for raids)
- Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Heart Strike x3
- Heart Strike is our primary damage ability. This ability only hits up to 2 targets.
- Blood Boil should be used when attempting to hold threat on more than 2 targets.
- Icy Touch is the highest aggro generating move.
- Death Strike is a self heal and solid damage.
Leave a Reply