This Skinning guide for Battle for Azeroth will give you the information to get you to level 150 as quickly as possible.
Skinning Changes in BfA
The maximum profession skill levels have been lowered for each profession tier:
- Classic professions max at 300.
- Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and Pandaria professions max at 75.
- Draenor and Legion professions max at 100.
- Battle for Azeroth professions max at 150.
- For (Horde) Rana the Cutta located in Dazar’alor.
- For (Alliance) Camilla Darksky located in Boralus.
If you ever have trouble finding your profession trainers, you can always ask a city guard for directions. This will place a marker on your map at the NPC’s location.
Each rank increase via the ranking system allows you to gather more effectively.
New Skinning Materials
With Battle for Azeroth comes new materials that you can gather with the skinning skill.
The materials you receive from skinning is based on the type of beast that you skin. All beasts can give bones though.
I would also like to point out that Blood-Stained Bone is a really good money maker. There are certain places that allow you to kill a lot of skinnable mobs and make really good money selling Blood-Stained Bone.
Tips and Tricks
You don’t have to worry about skinning certain level monsters since everything sync’s to your level in Kul Tiris / Zandalar so you can skin whatever you kill. It took me about 10 minutes to get level 150 skinning. Just find a place with a lot of skinnable mobs and go crazy.
- Scale Gathering – Rank 1 Taught by your Skinning trainer.
- Scale Gatherin – Rank 2 (Horde) Ceremonial Vestments (Alliance)In Pursuit of Fashion
- Scale Gathering – Rank 3 (Horde)A Thicker Thread (Alliance)Turtle Soup
- Leather Gathering – Rank 1 Taught by your Skinning trainer.
- Leather Gathering – Rank 2 (Horde)Lost But Not Forgotten (Alliance)Brinepinch
- Leather Gathering – Rank 3 (Horde)Ancient Skinning Knife (Alliance)Ivory Handled Dagger